Project

General

Profile

Actions

Bug #1396

closed

No RichRings found in the common production candidate

Added by Etienne Bechtel over 2 years ago. Updated over 2 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Oleg Golosov
Target version:
Start date:
10/07/2019
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
Spent time:

Description

In the current common production candidate presented by Ilya at the 34th collaboration meeting, I was not able to find the RichRings (see "RingContainer").
The simulations can be found at:

/lustre/cbm/users/ogolosov/mc/cbmsim/oct19

And were created by Oleg with a more or less standard set of macros. The usual reconstruction macro from "/macro/run/modules/" was used, which included the rich reconstruction. The log output can also be found in each directory, which shows that the ring finder was called, but there were no rings found (see LogRec).

I am not sure what reason could cause this behaviour, so a potential explanation or a hint were to look would be very helpful.

I am not sure who should be assigned for this, so please forward this / correct me in case.

Thanks in advance


Files

RingContainer.png (203 KB) RingContainer.png Screenshot from the Browser of the "rec.root" file Etienne Bechtel, 10/07/2019 02:38 PM
LogRec.png (254 KB) LogRec.png Screenshot from the log file for the reconstruction step Etienne Bechtel, 10/07/2019 02:39 PM
Log_updated_rec.png (279 KB) Log_updated_rec.png New log file Etienne Bechtel, 10/09/2019 10:15 AM
Actions #1

Updated by Ilya Selyuzhenkov over 2 years ago

  • Target version set to OCT19
Actions #2

Updated by Semen Lebedev over 2 years ago

  • % Done changed from 0 to 90

Dear Etienne,

I confirm that I have the same problem.
There was a typo in 14931 revision, this was a warning code clean up by Volker. I didn't update my local version and didn't see this problem before:
https://redmine.cbm.gsi.de/projects/cbmroot/repository/cbmroot/revisions/14931/diff/trunk/rich/detector/CbmRichPmt.cxx
I fix this problem for the current trunk version.
@Florian or @Volker please also fix the problem in OCT19 release.

Best regards,
Semen

Actions #3

Updated by Volker Friese over 2 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Resolved
  • Assignee changed from Semen Lebedev to Etienne Bechtel
  • % Done changed from 90 to 100

I am awfully sorry for the typo. Corrected for OCT19 in r15106.

Actions #4

Updated by Oleg Golosov over 2 years ago

Dear Etienne,

I reran reconstruction for the default configuration (located at /lustre/cbm/users/ogolosov/mc/cbmsim/oct19/urqmd_eos0/auau/12agev/mbias/psd44_hole20_pipe0/TGeant3).

Please, check it the problem is solved there before I do the same for the rest data samples.

Actions #5

Updated by Etienne Bechtel over 2 years ago

Hello Oleg,

ich just checked two of the logs and it seems that the problem still persists. (Ring containers are also still empty)

@Semen you could not observe the problem anymore after your fix?

I could double check with my own installation if wished.

Regards
Etienne

Actions #6

Updated by Oleg Golosov over 2 years ago

Sorry, there was a lack of understanding on my side.
I did not rerun digitization.
Now the rings are present.
Please, check if the results are consistent with those from the previous release.

Actions #7

Updated by Etienne Bechtel over 2 years ago

  • Assignee changed from Semen Lebedev to Oleg Golosov

Hello Oleg,

I checked the 12 A GeV UrQMD files and it seems like everything is fine now.
I would suggest to rerun digitization and reconstruction on the other directories the same way.

Best regards
Etienne

Actions #8

Updated by Oleg Golosov over 2 years ago

done

Actions #9

Updated by Etienne Bechtel over 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed
Actions

Also available in: Atom PDF